1. What factors may cause some synonym words different from semantically?
( Dalam segi apa yang membuat kata-kata bersinonim itu menjadi berbeda)
for example : father and dad, stare and see, foolish and stupid, dead and pass away.
2. In what context ( sense ) are the words pupil and student synonymous and non synonymous?
3. Bolinger (1976, discussed by Murphy 2003: 164) everybody and everyone are not lexical synonyms since they are not mutually substitutable in every context. What does mutually substitutable mean? (page 152)
4. Give explaination and 3 examples about gradable and non-gradble antonyms?
5. Consider the noun pair hero/coward, genius/dolt, giant/shrimp. Are these gradable antonyms? (page 139)
6. What is the different between polysemy and hyponymy? Please give 2 clear examples of them!
7. Can you please explain and differentiate between taxonomies and non-taxonomic hyponymmies?
(use your own words and donot forget to state your example) (page 146)
8. Please make a table of componential analysis of some related words ( as shown on page 156)
Silahkan dipelajari juga buku dibawah ini ( Bab semantics)
THE STUDY OF LANGUAGE (PAGE 112-125)